This week we are exploring mobile Virtual Reality (VR). Create and share a mobile VR project outline using Google Cardboard (or other VR technology) to the Project Bank. Note: you can purchase a Google Cardboard kit for under $10 from either Trademe.co.nz or from Amazon.com – or make your own from a large Pizza box 🙂
Google Cardboard Apps for Android can be downloaded from the Google Play Store, or from the iTunes Store for iPhone, and there are several other compatible iPhone Apps available in the iTunes Store (for example: “The Height”, “VisitVR“, “Rocket” etc…)
You will need VR Glasses:
e.g. Occulus Rift
or Google Cardboard – turns your smartphone into a VR headset.
Cardboard puts virtual reality on your smartphone. The Cardboard app helps you launch your favorite VR experiences, discover new apps, and set up a viewer.
Try out a set of included demos as well:
• Earth: Fly where your fancy takes you on Google Earth.
• Tour Guide: Visit Versailles with a local guide.
• My Videos: Watch your videos on a massive screen.
• Exhibit: Examine cultural artifacts from every angle.
• Photo Sphere: Look around the photo spheres you’ve captured.
• Windy Day: Follow the story (and the hat) in this interactive animated short from Spotlight Stories.
To fully enjoy this app you’ll need a Cardboard viewer. Learn more and get your own Cardboard viewer at http://g.co/cardboard. Share your experience through our Google+ community at http://g.co/cardboarddevs.
Google Cardboard Android App
Cardboard iPhone Apps & now the official Cardboard App
Rate another participant’s mobile VR project.
Reflect on this process on your WordPress Blog.